There are so many important things we have to teach our children. From manners to problem-solving, so many things need to be taught. Modeled. Described. Practiced.
One of the areas that I – and every other parent who’s engaged with their child(ren) — personally think is so critical is teaching our children? How to deal with conflict.
And I seem to be failing miserably at it.
(I mentioned a few days back that I’m starting a Love and Logic course, but I know there are countless ways to effectively deal with any problem.)
So here’s my question to you: how do you teach your child to respectfully disagree, or tactfully persuade someone to a different point-of-view, or very assertively insist on a different perspective?
And how do you teach your child the nuances between when these different tactics – or any others! – are warranted.
I am very interested hear your feedback – leave me a comment.
The Scentsy Revolution
I am excited to tell you about Scentsy warmers. And I like them so much that I want you to have one! So read on for your chance to enter the drawing for this new and awesome product.
Who doesn’t love the muted glow of candle light? Who doesn’t appreciate a lovely scent – whatever that might mean to you – to come home to?
Well, I would assert pretty much everyone loves what candles provide. Their glow adds to the visual depth and the emotional warmth of any room. And whether you like a gentle vanilla scent or a strong musk or floral scent, we’ve all come to realize that there really is something to the whole aromatherapy movement.
What if you could get all those things… but without the inherent risks of an open flame?
Well, that is, in fact, Scentsy can bring to you: the glow and the wonderful scents you love, without the fire.
First off, you can hardly imagine how many different warmers that Scentsy carries. And it seems like they’re adding new ones all the time! Whether you need to mask smells coming from your home’s Man Cave or just add a little ambience to your dining room, you will find a design you love. Click here to look at Scentsy’s warmer catalog.
Second, their flavors – wax scents – are awesome. Really, the concept of a small, break-apart chunk of wax is genius. You can control the amount of scent, which I have never been able to do with any candle. (Which is pretty much all or nothing, right?)
Third, and by far the most important: Scentsy warmers are unique. They melt the wax by using a small 25-watt light bulb, which means no flame. That means… that breeze you didn’t expect? It won’t start the curtains ablaze. Your two-year-old won’t have a flame to stick her finger into, and you don’t need to worry about forgetting to blow-out the candle when you head outside to grab your mail.
I was recently asked to try this product, and I was excited to see what all the fuss was about. I was sent a Nature’s Haven warmer, and three different scented wax cubes to use with it.
Honestly, there’s nothing NOT to love about this product!
So here’s the deal. You can win the Cherry Blossom warmer and two scents by entering my drawing. How do you enter the drawing, you ask? Well, it’s quite simple.
How To Win
For each of the items you do below, you’ll receive one entry into the drawing for the Scentsy warmer and scents:
- Comment below, telling me any suggestions you might have to help teach kids how to effectively address conflict. For each suggestion (and you gotta be serious here, OK?), leave a different comment so you get an extra entry into the drawing.
- “Friend” my A Broken Compass page on Facebook. Be sure to leave me a comment below telling me you did that.
- “Friend” Scentsy on Facebook. Be sure to leave me a comment below telling me you did this.
- Share this link on YOUR Facebook page. This is easy-peasy: just click on the little Facebook “like” icon that’s at the bottom of this post, right under before the comments section. Again, sorry to be repetitive, but after you’ve accomplished this simple point-and-click action, leave a comment below to tell me you did that.
- Follow me twitter.com/_abrokencompass. Be sure to leave me a comment telling me you did that.
- Follow Scentsy on Twitter. Be sure to leave me a comment below telling me you did this.
- Tweet this link via YOUR Twitter account. Be sure to leave me a comment – and your Twitter name – so I can verify you’ve did this.
How This Works
This drawing/contest is open as of this posting, and will finish on Monday, May 9 at 5 p.m. (Central time). Random.org will be used to select a winner, and I will then notify that winner via email. The winner has 48 hour to respond and provide a mailing address. Should I receive nothing in response to the notification by the deadline, I will choose another winner and proceed as I did with the first winner.