I’m excited to announce the next giveaway of A Broken Compass and Compass Media (that’s me! I still get a kick out of that!). I’m pretty sure that no matter what time of the year, what your gender, political persuasion, hair color, or level of dysfunction, you will appreciate and WANT to win this prize.
And no, it’s NOT cash.
But. It is the next best thing!
As of the publishing of this post, you can win a $40 Target gift card.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I can drop $40 in Target without batting an eye. Not because I have disposable income (that is very hard to come by in a single-income household, even when the economy is good), but because Target has loads of things my family and I need, and a whole bunch more I want.
So here are the rules, the proverbial fine print of entering this contest.
How To Win
For each of the items you do below, you’ll receive one entry into the drawing for this outstanding prize:
- Leave me a comment telling me one post here on A Broken Compass that has entertained you (and it cannot be this post!). In fact: for each topic or post you tell me you’ve enjoyed (each in a separate comment, please), I’ll give you one entry into the drawing!
- Subscribe to my RSS feed. You can do this by clicking on the far right side of my main menu. (I apologize – it’s not placed exactly correctly, which is entirely my fault. The lovely ladies at Sumy Designs are helping me fix this, so hopefully it’ll be more visible soon.) Leave me a comment that you did this (but realize I can verify who’s receiving my feed, so don’t try to get tricky).
- “Friend” A Broken Compass on Facebook. Be sure to leave me a comment below telling me you did that.
- Follow me twitter.com/_abrokencompass. To be clear, my Twitter name is @_abrokencompass.com. Be sure to leave me a comment telling me you did that.
- Share this link on YOUR Facebook page. I’ve said it before: this is easy-peasy, just click on the little Facebook “like” icon that’s at the top of the page, right under the headline (so you might need to scroll up to do this). Again, not to be annoyingly repetitive, but after you’ve accomplished this simple point-and-click action, leave a comment below to tell me you did that.
This contest will be open until 5:00 p.m. CST on Wednesday, November 3, 2010.
The prize winner will be selected using random.org, and the winner will be notified via email within two days of the contest’s close. That winner must contact me via email within 72 hours, or another winner will be selected.
I don’t have one. I am personally funding this giveaway, so be extra grateful, OK?